Bespoke are strong supporters of CTC’s Space For Cycling Campaign.
We have sent an email to all of Eastbourne County Councillors, explaining what Space For Cycling is and how to support it. We will be keeping track of any responses we receive.
The main aims for Space For Cycling are
- Protected space on main roads
- Removing through motor traffic in residential areas
- Lower speed limits
- Cycle-friendly town centres
- Safe routes to school
- Routes through green spaces
Support So Far
Currently 22% of Eastbourne’s County Councillors support Space For Cycling.
- Cllr Barry Taylor – Meads – No response
- Cllr Steve Wallis – Devonshire – Supported
- Cllr David Elkin – Sovereign – No response
- Cllr David Tutt – St. Anthony’s – Supported
- Cllr Pat Rodohan – Upperton – No response
- Cllr John Ungar – Old Town – Wants more infromation
- Cllr Colin Belsey – Ratton – No response
- Cllr Mike Blanch – Hampden Park – No response
- Cllr Alan Shuttleworth – Langney – Will support
Letter Sent To Councillors
As an elected County Councillor for Eastbourne, I am writing to ask you to support CTC’s Space For Cycling Campaign.
It’s basically when the opportunity arises, supporting good cycle infrastructure.
The main aims of the campaign are…
Protected space on main roads
Removing through motor traffic in residential areas
Lower speed limits
Cycle-friendly town centres
Safe routes to school
Routes through green spaces
There is more information, including a 2 minute video, and a short document for councillors on CTC’s website. I hope you agree with what you see there, and sign up.
Bespoke are keeping a record of councillors responses, so please let me know either way if you feel you can support this or not.
Thank you for your time,
Responses From Councillors
Just signed up to http://t.co/DpZ4lpMCaT campaign. Hoping my county councillor colleagues do the same.
— Cllr Steve Wallis (@DevonshireCllr) January 12, 2015